Friday, March 30, 2007

election preview

I don't know, guys. I'm no future White House correspondent. But I can't help thinking that it's going to come down to Hillary & Obama (or Obama & Hillary) vs. Giuliani and Condi Rice. Black and female vs. White and black female. History vs. history. And that's a showdown that scares me, no matter how much Bush has managed to alienate my fellow Americans. I like to recall the days when Giuliani was the guy Wyclef sang about as "the beast"--who "cleaned up" NYC by issuing poorly trained, inexperienced cops with rapid-fire weapons.... Sounds like just the guy to appeal to America's frightened heartland, even if he does come from the big city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well... do you think Condi would really join the race? If she does, it would be scary b/c it would even things up and remove the race/gender advantage the Dems could have.

But by the same token, a lot of red-neck country will not vote black/woman. So maybe they'll stay home!

But then... if Giuliani is P and Condi is VP, they may be able to stomach it and feel they are voting for Giuliani instead.

I know, a lot of "but then"s in this comment :)